I´m American, I live in Latin America, I live at the Global South of The Anglican Communion.
Being a ¨Norte Americano¨ and living over two decades in Latin America, I´ve realized and honored cultural differences as I´ve also spent over 4 years of my working life in the Far East--Hong Kong/China, Japan, Korea and Taiwan. I´ve noticed big differences in ¨acceptable behavior¨ and business/personal style in Europe too as I attended industry shows twice a year for over eight years in England, France and Italy.
I realize that often people do things differently than I do and hold different opinions on standards for ¨honesty¨ than I do. I don´t know it all and I have benfited much by the experience of learning from others elsewhere throughout the World. However, what I can´t, and won´t, do is continously adjust to denying and pretending dishonorable behavior is anything different than it really is...especially at Church.
· I try hard not to participate in codependent ¨look the other way¨ habits with anyone (especially if the violator tries to intimidate me).
· I try hard not to live in a world of ¨pretend¨ --sometimes I wish that ¨things¨ are different than they really are (usually because of my own fear of losing what I think I must have, wink, wink).
· I try hard to look reality in the eye. I must keep trying as anything less is dishonest to me/others and destructive to my character (tangled webs/deceive).
· I try hard to call a spade a spade and struggle to keep my eye on reality (especially when I desperately want to see good when the ¨manipulating truth¨ is dangerous to myself and others around me).
· I try hard, yet hard as I might, I fall short of living my life in my world of integrity building accompanied by underlying levels of twisted thinking.
Sharpening my focus on me/you is a ongoing challenge (especially when I sometimes have much to lose by not ¨playing along¨ with crooks, abusers, liars and thieves because I wish/hope and try to insist, to myself and others, that they/I have personal character that is ¨good at the core¨…portrayed good character that they/I have little of or have none at all).
Admitting deceit at the Anglican Communion
Rowan Williams has proven to be a deceitful, snide and punishing leader to heterosexual women and to our LGBTI sisters and brothers throughout the Anglican Communion. His ¨nuanced¨ (sneaky and blatant) despotic leadership continues to demean, marginalize and discriminate against other Anglicans. He often discriminates against minority ¨marginalized¨ human beings– he has a cowardly, and codependent ¨working relationship¨ with Anglicans at the Global South and panders to the Gafcon schismatics-- pandering to religiouslike bigots who harm tens of thousands of LGBTI Anglicans on the ground in Jamaica, Uganda, Nigeria, the Middle East and even in the United Kingdom (as with Jeffrey John and many others we can now openly witness ). Anglican David Kato in Uganda has been murdered along with many Anglican/other lesbian ¨rape cure¨ victims because, in part, of poor episcopal stewardship at The Anglican Communion.
· A credible ¨standard¨ of leadership by Lambeth Palace to help enlighten by ¨listening¨ suggested by Lambeth 1.10 has not been encouraged by Rowan Williams (forget the faux monitoring committee).
· Rowan Williams attempts to force-feed a unfortunate Anglican covenant that is a punitive document written and promoted with the deceitful intent to admonish others with ¨relational consequences.¨
· Dr. Williams and his all-new ¨moralike¨ guidelines for homosexuals who are called to the Bishopric at The Church of England do not apply to heterosexuals applicants equally. More premeditated excuses to punish members of our extended LGBTI Anglican Family at The Body of Christ.
I´m truly sorry that Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury, hasn´t risen to a positive and high standard like many Archbishops at Lambeth Palace have before him. As ¨first among equals¨ at the Anglican Communion, Dr. Williams doesn´t live up to universally held standards that demonstrate spiritual and emotional stability.
Best to keep trusting in God when the ¨deciding¨ gets tough
Most in the West have listened, we have done our part, we have many times given Rowan Williams the benefit of our doubt(s) and endlessly trusted him to the point of being irresponsible to ourselves and those whom we defend as equals at The Body of Christ.
I believe for the sake of truth and honesty, and for the good of all Anglicans throughout the Anglican Communion, Rowan Williams ought resign. Dr. Williams has become a tyrant who intentionally marginalizes, demonzies and worst of all promotes the excluding of many qualified Anglicans who are called to participate at all levels of Churchlife.
Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury, please resign.
In a few days it will be my birthday. I will be 73 years old . How could this happen to me? How did I become a full-grown+ man...
REAL HERO/REAL LIFE: Bishop John Shelby Spong
“I was simply interpreting a rising consciousness,” he said. “Whether it was race or women or homosexual people, the issue was always the same: fighting against anything that dehumanizes a child of God on the basis of an external characteristic.” Bishop John Shelby Spong (click on his photo)
IT GETS BETTER--Archbishop Desmond Tutu supports LGBT full acceptance and inclusion too!
¨Churches say that the expression of love in a heterosexual monogamous relationship includes the physical, the touching, embracing, kissing, the genital act - the totality of our love makes each of us grow to become increasingly godlike and compassionate. If this is so for the heterosexual, what earthly reason have we to say that it is not the case with the homosexual?¨ Anglican Archbishop Desmond Tutu
The No Anglican Covenant Coalition -- COMPREHENSIVE UNITY
A VERY UN-ANGLICAN COVENANT (click on logo)
Search This Blog
There was an error in this gadget
Translate this page/pick a language
Provides a computer generated, approximate translation.