|Dr. Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury, Open up or Step Down!|
¨The plea follows the recently leaked letter written by the late Colin Slee, former dean of Southwark Cathedral, who exposed the turmoil in which the Church of England leadership found itself in trying to block the appointment of openly gay priest Jeffrey John to the post of Bishop of Southwark.
|Archbishops Williams and Sentamu are ¨less than honest¨|
The Rev Sharon Ferguson, chief executive of LGCM, commented: “This latest revelations about the Church of England causes me grave concern and confirms the hypocrisy and institutional homophobia that led to the blocking of Jeffrey John to the bishopric. Furthermore it encourages a 'don't ask, don't tell' situation which will lead to a seriously compromised leadership and moral example.” please read it all, HERE
· Thanks to The Church of England, Anglican Communion
· Thanks to Ekklesia, sidebar
· Thanks to The Very Reverend Colin Slee, R.I.P.
· Thanks to The Reverend Colin Coward, Changing Attitude
· Thanks to The Reverend Sharon Ferguson, Chief Executive LGCM, U.K.
· Thanks to The Very Reverend Jeffrey John