May 24, 2011

OFFICER ¨X¨ TELLS ALL: Sharing first hand experiences while waiting for the impending repeal of the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" law.


Time magazine has added a surprising new blogger to its website: an anonymous gay soldier.

¨I have been given the opportunity to share my firsthand experiences from the inside as I watch the fall of a policy that is undeniably discriminatory. By "not asking" and "not telling," the people repressed by this policy have been robbed of their voice to speak out. As a result, the impact of such a policy doesn't hit close to home for enough families, friends, or coworkers. By blogging here, it is my goal to share the excitement felt by every gay and lesbian service member as this burden of lies, cover stories, and double lives is lifted...¨ HERE

FROM THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER

“As a young, gay officer who is currently serving on active duty, I have been waiting years for the day when I can show up to work and not have to lie about what I did on the weekend or the gay circle of friends I spend much of my free time with. As you can undoubtedly imagine, I was anxious to hear what my superiors had to say on the subject of the post-repeal military…¨ please read it all,   HERE

· Thanks to Fishbowl IDC
· Thanks to Time
· Thanks to The Huffington Post, sidebar
· Thanks to The Gay Agenda, sidebar
· Thanks to The Unknown Blogger
·

No comments: