Oct 20, 2012

¨Romney's world view is couched in a religion that makes stark raving evangelical-inspired Christian-Zionist aggression of the kind W Bush practiced when he took us to war look positively mild.¨

Neoconservative Jingoism Plus Mormon Delusion Equals Perpetual War
If he's elected let's pray Romney isn't a good Mormon! Let's hope he's faking it!
 
¨...As the father of a Marine who was sent to fight in two stupid wars by an evangelical Protestant president I know how presidential theology can exacerbate stupidity. So I shudder to think that we might elect an even more religiously deluded and theologically-motivated president than W Bush was.

And yes, I know one is not supposed to criticize other people's religion in polite conversation. And yes I was once myself a member of the stupid Religious Right as I describe in my book Crazy For God , then I changed my mind. But there's nothing polite about needlessly sending Americans like my son to their deaths.

We Americans have the right to ask what our presidential candidates believe that may impact our lives. Romney's world view is couched in a religion that makes stark raving evangelical-inspired Christian-Zionist aggression of the kind W Bush practiced when he took us to war look positively mild. If Romney is a good Mormon he believes that the United States is the New Jerusalem and/or Zion. If Romney is a good Mormon he also believes that anyone endorsing models of life outside of Mormon/American xenophobic boundaries is warned in the Book of Mormon in (2 Nephi 10:16) as follows:
"And this land shall be a land of liberty unto the Gentiles, and there shall be no kings upon the land, who shall raise up unto the Gentiles. And I will fortify this land (the USA) against all other nations. And he that fighteth against Zion shall perish, saith God. For he that raiseth up a king against me shall perish..."
In other words from the Mormon "perspective" too bad for the country or person who embraces non-US models of government outside the United States. Too bad for those unaware of the "fact" that they are "fighting against God and His Zion" if they disagree with American policy. And since those not like us are fighting against God when they take on America then naturally they must be dealt with very harshly...¨  please read it all, HERE

Thanks to AlteNet / By Frank Schaeffer

No comments: