Apr 17, 2010

¨STRAIGHT FRIENDLY¨ Tim scheduled for the DREW MARSHALL SHOW: "Living messy lives with a real God in the middle of it"


¨Next Saturday, April 24, I'll be a guest on "The Drew Marshall Show," the most listened-to spiritual talk show on Canadian radio. I like the show's tag line very much: "Living messy lives with a real God in the middle of it." (It could be my personal motto!)

Tim in Chicago, Illinois

¨I was asked to be interviewed after Grant, a regular reader here who's become a great friend, emailed the program about Straight-Friendly and me. While I'm extremely humbled by this, I'm also very grateful to Grant (and, of course, God) for making this possible. Please pray with me this week that something I say will encourage GLBT and other wounded believers to start making their way back home--as well as inspire all listeners to embrace everyone as equals in Christ.¨

My interview, slated to run 35 minutes, is scheduled between 2 and 4 PM EDT. Live streaming audio will be available at the show's Website: HERE

About OUR Gay and Straight FRIENDLY Tim:

¨I'm a gay Pentecostal preacher's kid who gratefully managed to survive coming out of the closet with my faith intact. Over the years, I've met dozens of other GLBT friends who were less fortunate. This blog is for them--and tens of thousands like them. I pray that something here will encourage all of us to renew or strengthen our commitment to Christ. This starts by looking to Him for acceptance, not those claiming to speak for Him. Instead of waiting for fellow Christians who reject us to become "gay-friendly," I hope and believe that we can overcome our issues by becoming "straight-friendly"--loving them as Jesus told us to do. On the personal side, I'm a writer who lives in Chicago with Walt, my partner of 18 years. Cody, our mischievous yellow longhaired cat, knows no end of ways to keep things hopping around our house.¨ HERE


· Thanks to Straight Friendly, sidebar
· Thanks to The Drew Marshall Show, Canada
· Thanks to ¨Straight Friendly¨ Tim´s NEW Book ¨The Gay Believer´s Life In Christ¨

1 comment:

Tim said...

Leonardo, in the wackiness that has been this week, I never got by to thank you for this. Your kindness knows no bounds, which makes it impossible to fully convey my gratitude.

Thank you!