Jan 11, 2011

SUPPORT THE GAY AGENDA?...it’s like saying; ‘do you support left handedness, or air, or water´ Gay Ugandan Teen

Archbishop Henry Orombi/Uganda ¨Knows what God knows¨ about peoples ¨private parts¨  HERE
¨I don’t know what in the world would possess a person to think they can tell other people who they are and who they aren’t. What kind of arrogance is that? Where does it come from? How could I have chosen to be gay as if I would choose to be mocked every single day? Lose more than half of my friends? As if I would choose the likelihood of my father looking at me sternly, his deep dark eyes burning holes in my soul, and telling me he doesn’t want to see my face ever again, not even when he’s dying. I shudder at the thought of coming out to my parents. How could I possibly choose that? Despite the fact that these questions have been asked over and over again, there still are people that think they know everything about us. It’s such a drain isn’t it? Turns out not all of us subscribe to logic or common sense, obviously. Some of us shut our ears and shout ‘Lalalala, I’m right, you’re wrong’ when facts are being thrown at them. They criticize what they know nothing of.

The one thing about the anti-gay movement in Uganda that I find absolutely ridic is how if you’re Ugandan and you argue that gays should be left alone and they’ve done nothing, they immediately ask you if you support homosexuality in Uganda. Support? There’s nothing to support or not support, it’s just a thing that’s there. Like I’ve said before, it’s like saying; ‘do you support left handedness, or air, or water.’ They’re there and they’re not going away any time soon, so it does not matter whether it’s supported or not. Laissez faire and move on!

Homosexuality is not something that’s worth rallying against, not even remotely. Many years later we’re going to look back and realize how stupid we’ve been. All the time and mental energy we could have used to get our economy to wake up from its deep sleep, wasted on what people were doing in the privacy of their bedrooms. When it’s too late to catch up with the rest of the world, I’ll proudly say; I told you so! But at this point I’m just threatening, after all, what do I know? I’m not even two decades old.

Fortunately the ways of homophobes tend to catch up with them. Usually when we find someone that is largely homophobic, there most likely is something much worse or more disgusting lurking under the surface waiting to burst out, for example the Anti Gay preacher in California that was recently charged with child molestation, then theres the case of Eddie Long. And they just keep coming.

Hopefully everyone will soon open their eyes to who the real enemies are.¨ HERE

· Thanks to Confessions of a Gay Ugandan Teen, sidebar
· Thanks to Flickr Photo Sharing

No comments: