Aug 3, 2011

MEET ANGLICAN ¨NICK¨ (not his real name) of Monrovia, Republic of ¨Love of Liberty¨ Liberia

A closeted ¨love of liberty¨ life for Anglican ¨Nick¨ in The Republic of Liberia
¨Getting him to have a chat on a subject that is considered a taboo in Africa was not an easy task. But he finally decided to let the cat out of the bag on the condition of strict anonymity. Nick can be termed as a ‘closet gay’.¨

“I discovered my attraction for same sex when I was in the seventh grade in 1998. I didn’t become gay because I’m materialistic like the way others are for the love of money. I became gay because the feeling for the same sex is natural. I know it’s not easy for you to understand what I’m talking about - only those in my shoes know how it’s like. ”

Nick, a graduate of the B.W. Harris Episcopal High School, holds a BBA degree in Accounting from the African Methodist Episcopal University (AMEU) and work at one of Liberia’s premiere banking institutions. Nick says he has to hide his sexuality in order to be accepted...¨ please read it all and meet ¨Kollie¨ too, HERE

·  Thanks to LGBT Asylum News, sidebar
·  Thanks to Gboko John Stewart
·  Thanks to Front Page Africa,   HERE

No comments: