Jul 22, 2012

ON THE ROAD; "In the light of truth and in the warmth of love, we gather to seek, to sustain, and to share"

COME, COME WHOEVER YOU ARE!

This morning I attended my first  church service at a Unitarian Universalist Congregation.  The people there were warm, welcoming and a pleasure to be with.  I especially like this quote by Albert Einstein that was featured at the top of the worship program of order:

"If people are good only beccause they fear punishment, and a hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."

Can I hear a Amen?

6 comments:

June Butler said...

Of course, luv. Amen! It's a very good saying. Besides his great mind for science, Einstein said much that is quotable that had nothing to do with science.

Leonard said...

Anglican weirdness in Orlando. Mimi, I passed a former Episcopal Church yesterday that is now all decked out as a Anglican Cathedral...it's not St. Lukes Cathedral...I w.onder what mischief is being doubled by the minute...Howe really need to be sent on his way...I decided to pass this time and stay away from the nasty anti TEC. crap aound here

JCF said...

Wise move, Len.

The UUs are good people. I just don't feel fed at their services. Needs me the Body&Blood.

susan s. said...

Amen.

motheramelia said...

An Amen from me too. I like the UUs. Was asked in former life to speak after one of their services. Thinking is welcomed in their churches.

Anonymous said...

AMEN! our band used to play in the Unitarian Chuch.

Fred