Jan 7, 2012

A ¨Qualified¨ APOLOGY: Chicagos Cardinal George Apologizes to LGBT Community


 Cardinal Francis George
PERHAPS ONLY SOME GAYS AND LESBIANS ARE MEMBERS OF THE KLAN?  A WHIFF OF HUMILITY.

"During a recent TV interview, speaking about this year's Gay Pride Parade, I used an analogy that is inflammatory. I am personally distressed that what I said has been taken to mean that I believe all gays and lesbians are like members of the Klan. I do not believe that; it is obviously not true. Many people have friends and family members who are gay or lesbian, as have I. We love them; they are part of our lives, part of who we are.

"I am deeply sorry for the hurt that my remarks have brought to the hearts of gays and lesbians and their families. I can only say that my remarks were motivated by fear for the Church's liberty. This is a larger topic that cannot be explored in this expression of personal sorrow and sympathy for those who were wounded by what I said..." HERE

·  Thanks to Truth Wins Out, sidebar
·  Thanks to Joe.My.God., sidebar

No comments: