Apr 29, 2013

ANOTHER ALL-AMERICAN HERO: Jason Collins´ courage and honesty will heal family relationships, enhance many friendships and save many, many young lives! Thank you, Jason!


NEW YORK — NBA veteran centerJason Collins has become the first active male professional athlete in the major four American sports leagues to come out as gay.
Collins wrote a first-person account posted Monday on Sports Illustrated’s website. The 34-year-old Collins has played for six NBA teams in 12 seasons. He finished this past season with the Washington Wizards and is now a free agent. He says he wants to continue playing.
Collins writes:
I’m a 34-year-old NBA center. I’m black. And I’m gay.
I didn’t set out to be the first openly gay athlete playing in a major American team sport. But since I am, I’m happy to start the conversation. I wish I wasn’t the kid in the classroom raising his hand and saying, “I’m different.” If I had my way, someone else would have already done this. Nobody has, which is why I’m raising my hand...¨  please read it all

2 comments:

June Butler said...

Gain for guys; loss for women. ;-) Great for everyone.

JCF said...

Congrats, Jason!